Rome was not built in a day and maturity does not happen overnight. Growing into our ideal self is a process that takes place one step at a time.
Yes, we want to be men of strength and goodness – men capable of building strong families and strong societies – but we may also realize we are far from this ideal today.
Don’t let this discourage you. God’s blessings often come through process. And we can see this throughout life as well.
- Birth comes after the process of pregnancy.
- Education comes after the process of learning.
- Marriage comes after the process of dating and getting to know each other.
All the same, each of these processes begins with a single step of faith – a decision to move in hope toward a good outcome.
The same is true in becoming mature men. It is a journey that begins with a step of faith.
While patience is certainly needed on the journey, patience is not passively waiting for time to pass. We must actively participate in the journey, courageously moving toward God’s ideal for us.
What is your first step toward becoming the man God created you to be?
Is it one (or all) of the following?
- Praying for God to show you what it means to be a man.
- Surrounding yourself with respected men.
- Finding a mentor or coach to guide you on the journey.
Whatever the next step is for you, boldly take it today.