As 2019 quickly draws to an end, here’s a look back at the Top 10 posts of the year. These are the posts written this year and received the highest page views. Before heading into 2020, take time to review.
- Always more than just sex – Intentionally cultivating our oneness does not have to wait on us being “in the mood” for our ideal encounter. The power of sex unites despite the surface particulars.
- You Are The Riverbank – Feminine energy flows like the river, while masculine energy functions like the riverbank. Our strength allows our wives to radiate with all the splendor God has for them.
- Sexual peace – Sexual peace allows us to live at ease with our sexual selves – pondering its mysteries, enjoying its delights, and fully engaging its goodness.
- Show Up Anyway – Show up and offer your strength time and time and time again, not because you feel like it, or because you will be seen, but because your strength matters.
- Puppies are cute, but not sexy – Cuteness is fine for puppies, but it does not maintain the sexual spark in marriage. Don’t be the puppy. Be the man.
- There’s more to sex than intimacy – To receive all that God has for us as sexual beings we must also add to our intimacy expressions of creative goodness and beauty.
- Accepting Our Shadow Self – Freedom comes when we can face and accept our shadow.This is not agreeing every aspect is good, but rather keeping an open posture toward the good, the bad, and the ugly in ourselves.
- Called to love, not make happy – We must love our wives even as Christ has loved us. This love is sacrificial, but it’s never merely placating for the sake of happiness.
- The Cost of Growth – Growth into the fullness of our manhood comes with a cost. We must pay with our time, comfort, and pride. But the life and goodness that comes as a result is worth every cost.
- Man of Steel and Velvet – The ideal man is one of steel and velvet. He has the strength, endurance, and unwavering characteristics of steel, as well as the softer, gentle, nurturing qualities of velvet.
- Word washed – What is the affect of your words on the heart of your wife? Let them bring out God’s best for her – allowing her to shine in the fullness of her radiant beauty.
- Sometimes Love is Aggressive – There are times in which love must be disruptive – willing to shake up the status quo in order to bring about good.
- Your heart matters, too – We must learn to fill up and give to others from our abundance – embracing the wisdom of the reservoir and not the canal.
Top Posts from Any Year
- Erotic Art versus Pornography -Art touches our soul and leaves us changed. As such, erotic art has the power to redeem our imagination toward the biblical vision.
- Unapologetically Sexual – We often forget God is the one who designed the male sex drive. It is a picture of his passionate and unrelenting desire for each of us.
- Freeing Eros for Agape – Eros keeps life from becoming too serious and dull, a mere obligatory keeping of agape, while agape keeps eros from becoming an aimless pursuit of fleeting pleasures and entertainment.